Current employment and activites
I’m currently a Web Developer at Stack Overflow!
In order of proficiency:
- HTML / CSS
- SQL (SQL Server and MySQL mostly)
- Python and Ruby - Nothing production worthy, but I’ve writtena few scripts here and there.
- ASP.NET MVC! Didn’t use v1 much, but v2 was pretty good and v3 and v4 are even better! I love the whole philosophy of MVC, and how clean it can be. No more ViewState! IOC and DI FTW!
- Entity Framework - I’ve done multiple projects using EF and have come to like it. EF 4 and code first are a decent solution! However, I’ve come to prefer…
- Massive - A fun “Micro ORM” started by Rob Conery that utilizes the C# 4.0 dynamic keyword.
- Dapper - The same “Micro ORM” used by Stack Overflow.
- LINQ - LINQ is great and I can’t imagine writing code without it. I’ve used most aspects of LINQ and consider myself an expert. I’ve also used LINQ to SQL on a couple projects, although not since Microsoft decided to stop adding features to it..
- .NET CMS’: Kentico, Sitecore, Sitefinty, and (unfortunately) Ektron.
- PHP CMS’: I’ve worked with WordPress a little and have used it extensively. I’ve touched Drupal and Joomla a little bit, but my hand was sticky afterwards…
- .NET controls and libraries: iTextSharp, Telerik RAD controls, and some other PDF libraries.
- Web Services: Done a lot of random stuff with different web service technologies like WCF, ASP.NET Web API and REST.
Web Devloper, April 2015 - Present
Senior Software Developer, September 2008 - April 2015
Installed, configured, and developed functionality for various CMS’s like Kentico. Certified as a developer and trainer for Kentico! Also worked with other CMS’s like Sitecore, Sitefinty, DotNetNuke, Ektron, Drupal, Joomla. Also developed custom web applications.
Senior Web Developer, June, 2012 – November 2012
C#, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET, WCF, Web Services, jQuery - Improved the company’s SAAS platform by: - Spearheading the new ASP.NET MVC architecture and Test-Driven Development effort. - Designing and implementing a strategy for globalization, switchable themes and flip branding. - Improving performance with refactoring and caching.
Worcester Envelope Company
Software Engineer, October 2011 - June 2012
Don’t let the name or the dates fool you. Used a wide range of technologies during the short time, accomplishing a great deal:
- Built a web application for iPads for time tracking and material consumption.
- Built applications for mobile barcode scanners and printers for material handling and shipping.
- Relaunched the company website.
- Rebuilt the customer portal.
- Launched a website for the Envelope Institute of America.
Software / Application Engineer, May 2006 - September 2008
Developed CRM and Life Sciences applications. Acted as a member of the professional services team for RightNow technologies implementing various customizations and extensions to their PHP based SAAS CRM application. I also developed Life Sciences applications for multiple customers in C# and Winforms.